Benefits of Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers can improve signs of aging in subtle, natural-looking ways. For more dramatic results, Dr. Kam can adjust dosage and placement to help each patient achieve the look they desire. Cosmetic fillers offer a long list of benefits, including:
- Improve facial symmetry
- Accentuate features and improve facial contour
- Reduce wrinkles
- Improve depressed scars
- Plump lips
- Reduce the appearance of lip lines
- Target individual wrinkles
- Raise the cheeks
- Augment a small chin and improve the jawline
- Hydrate and soften skin
Three Key Benefits to Injectable Filler in Voorhees, NJ
- Lunch Break Treatment: Dermal filler provides immediate results with no downtime. Many patients come on their lunch break and return to work.
- Stimulate Collagen: Some dermal fillers can stimulate the production of collagen, which encourages tighter, smoother, and more youthful skin. Dr. Kam Matches the dermal filler to the patient’s goals.
- Long Lasting 6-12+ Months: Juvederm and Restylane (hyaluronic acid fillers) typically last between 6 to 12 months. Radiesse, a calcium hydroxylapatite (CAHA) injectable, lasts 12 months or longer to minimize deep wrinkles and lines while stimulating the body’s natural collagen production. Each option is an FDA-approved injectable that improves specific concerns and enhances certain facial features.
Facial volume plays a vital role in healthy, youthful skin. With age, the skin begins to lose volume, which causes it to sag. Lines appear, the cheeks hollow, tear troughs appear sunken, and lips start to thin. Dermal fillers replace lost fat and provide long-lasting, volumizing results with minimal downtime.
What is a Cosmetic Filler?
Cosmetic filler, also called dermal filler, is an injectable treatment appropriate for most skin types and many signs of aging. Dr. Kam uses several safe, FDA-approved dermal fillers, including Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse, and Sculptra to efface folds and wrinkles, improve facial contours and fill hollows. She bases her selection on the patient’s skin texture, the area being filled and the patient’s desired appearance.
Dr. Kam has a natural sense for the youthful aesthetic and utilizes techniques that provide outstanding, natural-looking results.
Types of Cosmetic Filler
- Hyaluronic Acid (Juvederm and Restylane products): The skin’s natural connective tissue is composed of hyaluronic acid.
- Poly-L-lactic Acid (Sculptra): Originally designed to address severe facial wasting.
- Calcium hydroxylapatite (Radiesse): The inorganic component of bone. Treats deep skin folds and wrinkles.
- Fat: A patient’s natural fat is harvested from the body using liposuction. The harvested fat is cleaned and injected into areas that need more volume.
Other Injectables Offered at Kam Facial Plastic surgery
Dermal Filler Consultation in Voorhees, NJ
Dr. Kam examines dermal filler candidates at Kam Facial Plastic surgery in Voorhees, NJ. During the consultation, She examines the patient’s skin and reviews their medical history to determine their candidacy for filler treatment. Dr. Kam creates a personalized treatment plan based on the patient’s goals, which could include restoring volume, filling smile lines, smoothing wrinkles, and plumping the lips.
Dr. Kam carefully listens to her patients and recommends dermal injections based on their goals. Some dermatologists and certified aesthetic technicians perform filler injections, but it is a medical procedure that requires expertise, specific training, and skill to ensure natural-looking, beautiful results. Dr. Kam has extensive experience performing nonsurgical and surgical procedures. Her precision and skill provide patients with outstanding dermal filler results.
Dermal Filler Preparation
Dermal filler is recognized as a lunchtime treatment. It is a quick and straightforward procedure in the hands of a facial plastic surgeon like Dr. Kam. Patients are typically asked to avoid blood thinners, aspirin, ibuprofen, and supplements that increase the risk of bruising. Report all medication to the doctor, especially blood thinners.
Dr. Kam reviews each patient’s medical history during the consultation and discusses possible allergies, skin or neurological conditions, and current medications to ensure safety and excellent results. Dr. Kam provides post-treatment instructions at the consultation. The injections are typically performed without any adverse reaction.
The Cosmetic Filler Procedure in Voorhees, NJ
Dermal filler is recognized as a lunchtime treatment. It is a quick and straightforward procedure in the hands of a board-certified facial plastic surgeon, such as Dr. Kam. Patients are typically asked to avoid blood thinners, aspirin, ibuprofen, and supplements that increase the risk of bruising. Report all medication to the doctor, especially blood thinners.
Dr. Kam Reviews each patient’s medical history during the consultation and discusses possible allergies, skin or neurological conditions, and current medications to ensure safety and excellent results. Dr. Kam provides post-treatment instructions at the consultation. The injections are typically performed without any reaction or concern.
Cosmetic Filler Recovery
The recovery time after cosmetic filler varies depending on the filler and the treated area. Patients who are having maintenance injections may have less bruising and swelling. Most patients can resume routine activity immediately but should avoid intense physical activity for 24 hours to reduce the risk of swelling and bruising. Contact Dr. Kam or the Kam Facial Plastic surgery staff with dermal filler questions or concerns.
Why Choose DR. Kam
- Joanna Kam, MD is a Facial Plastic Surgeon certified in Otolaryngology by the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery.
- She completed a residency in Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery at Henry Ford Health System in Detroit, MI.
- Dr. Kam was one of a handful of students in her medical school class nominated to the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society.
Dermal Filler Cost
Dermal filler is custom designed to match the patient’s goals, and the price varies depending on the type of filler, the number of syringes needed, and the area treated. During the consultation, Dr. Kam will explain the type of filler, the location, the expected results, and the price. Dermal filler is a temporary cosmetic treatment. While it provides longer-lasting, significant results, it is not considered necessary and, as such, is not covered by medical insurance. Kam Facial Plastic surgery Offers payment options through Care Credit or My Medical Funding.